FECFile allows users to look up candidates and committees from within the software. Upon opening, the software prompts the user once every thirty days to download the candidate/committee list. This list provides the current candidate/committee ID, address, and other information. Through the software, if for some reason you cannot connect to the download server, we have provided alternative instructions below on how to retrieve the list.
1. Go to the “Download FEC Tools” webpage by typing http://download.nictusa.com/dl/ in the address section of your web browser.
2. Choose the download format most convenient:
3. Right click on the format link of choice.
4. Left click on the "Save Target As " option.
5. Preface the filename with “%allusersprofile%\application data\fec applications\fecfile\” to save the file to its operating location.
6. Left click on "Save".
7. If using the compressed format (Committees/Candidates Master List Compressed or FEC Update File), data must be uncompressed to this same location before FECFile can utilize it.
8. When done saving, close down your web browser.
The lookup database has been updated.
Page Modified November 15, 2011