WASHINGTON – The Federal Election Commission today released the first in a series of FEC Mobile web pages designed to run on mobile devices. These web pages provide easier public access to campaign finance data and information about Commission activities.
“I am pleased to announce the launch of the FEC's new mobile interface,” said Chair Cynthia L. Bauerly. “I greatly appreciate the efforts of the agency staff who worked on this project, which will further the FEC's mission of disclosing campaign finance data.”
“By optimizing our data for mobile devices, we are making it possible to access the wealth of information available through our website in a more convenient manner,” Bauerly said. “Once again, the FEC is leveraging new technologies in an effort to serve the public in innovative ways.”
The series released today at http://www.fec.gov/mobile/ includes:
- presidential candidate summary data in a graphic view that allows drilling down for details such as receipts, disbursements and cash-on-hand;
- a calendar with dates for commission meetings, reporting deadlines, conferences, advisory opinions and litigation;
- audio with links to audio files of recent hearings;
- the FEC channel on YouTube with instructional videos on campaign finance law and practices; and
- a Twitter feed with FEC updates.
This is a Beta release. It is designed to run on devices using the iPhone platforms. Many of the features also work on other platforms. Full versions for other mobile devices will be released at a later date.
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is an independent regulatory agency that administers and enforces federal campaign finance laws. The FEC has jurisdiction over the financing of campaigns for the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, the Presidency and the Vice Presidency. Established in 1975, the FEC is composed of six Commissioners who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
Follow Us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/FECupdates
# # #